I’m just getting off Royal Caribbean’s Liberty of the Seas right about now and I’m already missing my home for the last five days.
Cruise No. 35 was a wonderful experience because I got to add to my collection of memories and I met some interesting people.
Here are the Top 5 things that stand out most in my mind about this cruise:
5. Dine time. Roasted duck … lamb shank … prime rib and lobster tail. Wow! That’s three of the five dinners being some of the best food I’ve had on a cruise ship. However, they should have served those for breakfast as well … because breakfast in the main dining room was the exact opposite of best.
4. The entertainment. Not only were the signature shows more than worthy, but the secondary acts were as well. Several evenings in the Olive or Twist Lounge on Deck 14 a young lady with a strong voice by the name of Suave sang the the night away, while two passengers used some smooth ballroom dancing moves to entertain us. One night a singer named Kenny Jaymes was a ball of energy singing Motown tunes and more. And the quality of the ice skating shows on Royal Caribbean ships still amazes me after all these years.
3. Super Mario. I got a chance to meet the man who holds the record for sailing on Royal Caribbean cruises. I don’t know exactly how many that is, but Royal Caribbean gives one free cruise for every 50 a passenger sails … and Mario Salcedo has had eight freebies.
2. Diamond class. I have to congratulate myself (since no one else will) because I’ve reached the Diamond level in Royal Caribbean’s Crown & Anchor frequent cruiser program and actually got my recognition certificate on this cruise. That gives me added perks that I was happy to collect … including access to the Diamond Club with free drinks and food daily and a Top Tier reception where the ship’s officers line up to welcome you and folks like Mario hang out.
1. Cupcakes. I’m hooked, and I don’t know how I’m going to survive without some of the most scrumptious delicacies I’ve had on land or sea. My God! The cupcakes from The Cupcake Cupboard are amazing. Tasty … moist … gorgeous in presentation. The signature red velvet cupcakes are addictive and I may have to go to cupcake rehab to deal with it.